We Respect Your Privacy
At LCM Air Conditioning the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does LCM Air Conditioning collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does LCM Air Conditioning collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- engage LCM Air Conditioning to provide goods and/or services;
- are a tenant of a property to which we have been engaged to provide goods and/or services;
- participate in an LCM Air Conditioning survey, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from us;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
Also, from time to time LCM Air Conditioning collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and contact details of a person who is the contact in a company with whom we deal or a tenant of a property. LCM Air Conditioning’s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does LCM Air Conditioning hold personal information?
LCM Air Conditioning may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
LCM Air Conditioning protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools. LCM Air Conditioning also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
LCM Air Conditioning employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by LCM Air Conditioning as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing LCM Air Conditioning systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which LCM Air Conditioning may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, LCM Air Conditioning only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which LCM Air Conditioning collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to provide the customer with exceptional service and workmanship, and up-to-date products;
- to contact you to arrange appointments and/or to reschedule appointments
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the special offers and promotions that we run;
- displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Who might LCM Air Conditioning disclose my personal information to?
LCM Air Conditioning may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you, otherwise we will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-LCM Air Conditioning website, please understand that LCM Air Conditioning is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that LCM Air Conditioning holds about you and seek its correction. Please contact our Office Manager with your request. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Our Office Manager may be contacted on email@example.com