The LCM Air Conditioning team are the Brisbane specialists when it comes to getting the most of your existing air conditioning system. Within most commercial environments, air conditioning systems are typically operating constantly for up to 16 hours per day.
In most cases, these systems will all require ongoing servicing and preventative maintenance to ensure the system runs at peak performance, optimal efficiency and experiences no costly downtime or emergency repairs.
Benefits of Regular Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Avoid costly downtime and sudden outages
- Avoid emergency repairs
- Improved health and wellbeing for occupants
- Improved productivity
- Increased efficiency results in lower running costs
Tailored Maintenance Program
One of the most critical things when reviewing your commercial air conditioning service requirements is to ensure that all servicing areas are covered.
The LCM Air Conditioning team are experienced with many different brands/types of air conditioning systems and mechanical ventilation and will tailor a specific maintenance program for your needs on either a monthly, quarterly and bi-annual frequency depending on your specific requirements. We have a range of commercial air conditioning clients, with facilities under management ranging from residential complexes, shopping centres, office blocks and industrial facilities. Check out our recent projects to see the full list of work that we’ve completed.
Areas of Servicing
There are many areas of commercial air conditioning servicing which are not entirely obvious when looking directly at the system. To help you better understand what the average maintenance program includes, we have included a brief overview below:
- Cleaning of Air Conditioning filter and louvers (in split systems) – As air passes through the system, the primary role of the filter is to collect dust or other debris and prevent it from being recirculated through your environment. Having a dirty or blocked filter can cause some issues within the system, such as ice build-up, overworking the system or a reduction in the air quality.
- Cleaning of the AC condenser and evaporator coil – Again, dust, dirt and other debris cause issues within the system. In some cases, they can overheat the system which leads to failure of other parts, increases wear and tear on the system and reduces the life of the system. We ensure that any of this debris is removed from the coil and internal components themselves to leave them in a safe and efficient operating condition. We also check the refrigerant gas levels of the system to ensure that the system is operating at optimum efficiency.
- Drain cleaning and leakage check – An air conditioner operates by extracting the moisture in the air and the moisture condensates into water which should be captured into the drip tray and is drains away via the drain pipes. There are many reasons why an air conditioner will not drain properly and leak water. This is typically a symptom of another issue however our technicians will check for any of these issues whilst performing the service. If left unchecked, this moisture can cause damage to property and eventually produce mould which is then recirculated throughout your workplace or environment.
- Air conditioner refrigerant levels – Every service requires a check of the refrigerant gas levels within the system. This is to ensure that the refrigerant is at the right levels and allows your machine to run as efficient as possible. In the case of there being a low level or lack of refrigerant, this may indicate gas leaks within other parts of the system that would also require inspection and repair. Our team will check this as part of every service.
- General Inspection – Depending on the system and its location, our team will conduct a visual inspection of all components to ensure they are free from damage or any other issues which may affect the consistent and efficient running of the system. For example, our technicians will check for abnormal vibrations which may be a sign of mechanical failure, and check the moving parts to ensure there is no friction causing excessive energy consumption.
How to get started
The LCM Air Conditioning team make it quite easy to get started – simply get in touch with our friendly team and we can book in a review of your premises, better understand your needs and take you through the tailored maintenance program which would be right for your system.